Levendigs Sock-X Silicone Cover for E3D V6 Heater Blocks
- 1x Silicone Cover (Orange or Black - depending on selection)
Introducing the new Silicone Sock-X, specially tailored for the E3D V6 Hotend. With a similar design to the MK2/3(S)(+), and high heat resistance of up to 300°C, the sock ensures a perfect fit and reliable protection for your hotend. The big difference between this, and the sock for the Prusa MK2/3(S)(+), is that you can decide yourself on which side you mount the thermistor and heater.
You can cut out a piece with pliers, on the cutting lines to customize the socks to your needs.
There are multiple big advantages to such a small upgrade.
- They keep the heater block insulated, you don't want your heater block and nozzle to cool down because of the part cooling fan, do you?
- Plastic won't stick to the heater block anymore! This significantly lowers the chance of filament blobs and failed prints in general.
- The screw holes for the thermistor and heater screws are covered, no more plastic residue fills the bolt head, this makes it easier to unscrew the heater- and thermistor cartridge in case they break.
- Less heat radiates from the heater block, this causes a cooler environment and better part cooling for the print.
These Silicone socks are designed by levendigs, they are tailor-made for the E3D V6 Heater Blocks
When using the silicone socks for the first time, there may be a smell. The smell will disappear after some usage. Even though these socks are more durable then the Sock-V2, it's still important to put it on, and take it off carefully.
The colours of the items can deviate from batch to batch, so the colour in the images isn't 100% accurate.